FTE Status: Full Time
Location: Los Gatos, CA
Local Candidates Only.
THRIVE is a global AgriFood innovation platform in Silicon Valley that accelerates, invests, and works with entrepreneurs, investors and Fortune 500 corporations to advance the future of food and agriculture through innovation.
The Events Manager will report to the Marketing Director and is responsible for managing all aspects and coordination of THRIVE Events. We are looking for an experienced Event Manager with a “can do” attitude to join our dynamic team to assist our organization with hosting high profile global events. The ideal candidate for this role should demonstrate exceptional organizational abilities, have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to multi-task.
The THRIVE Events Manager will also coordinate events with the Corporate Innovation Director and the THRIVE Accelerator Manager in addition to networking with corporate partners and accelerator startups. This is a rare and unique opportunity to be a core member of an award-winning team and organization that is creating a lasting impact on agriculture, food production and the systems of our future.
General Event Management
- Managing all aspects of event coordination, communication, and logistics.
- Utilizing multiple marketing techniques to increase event participation. In addition to heavy digital marketing (email, social media, THRIVE’s event app (Whova), in-person and client specific techniques will be used.
- Managing, nurturing and developing a strong rapport with clients with an ultimate goal of building relationships, fostering client trust and increasing participation in the THRIVE network.
- Work with the marketing director on promotional content per event, collateral and social marketing inclusive of relevant resources and materials for workshops and events.
- End to end event management
- Event promotion to drive attendance & engagement
- Liase and negotiate with vendors (Catering, print, signage etc.)
- Handle all event logistics
- Secure event sponsorships
- Secure event speakers
- Co-ordinate panel participants, prep calls, briefing documents
- Manage showcase booths as necessary
- Co-ordinate event agenda’s & event flow
- Manage collateral per event
- Manage event budget
- Update & manage Whova event management app
- Post-event surveys and reports
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years event or project management experience
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Self-starter with strong initiative and work ethic
- Must be articulate with very strong written and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for innovation, entrepreneurship, AgTech and food tech
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively within a team
- Degree in Business Management, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or Hospitality
- Graphic Design/ Adobe Suite experience a plus