THRIVE Accelerator Manager
FTE Status: Full Time
Location: Los Gatos, CA
THRIVE is a global AgriFood innovation platform in Silicon Valley that accelerates, invests, and works with entrepreneurs, investors and Fortune 500 corporations to advance the future of food and agriculture.
The Accelerator Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the THRIVE Accelerator program. The primary focus of this position is to drive all programmatic, project management and execution initiatives within the Accelerator. The Accelerator Manager will be directly responsible for helping to drive growth and opportunity for cohort companies through the program. The Accelerator Manager will also be responsible for working with corporate partners to organize and host/emcee THRIVE’s series of pitch challenges and competitions. This is a rare and unique opportunity to be a core member of an award-winning team and organization that is creating a lasting impact on agriculture, food production and the systems of our future.
Duties and Responsibilities
General Accelerator Management:
- Manage the recruitment and selection of startups for the annual Accelerator cohort. This includes working with lead generating organizations, keeping track of applications, managing deal flow, organizing and running Pitch Day, finalizing selection of the final cohort, and working with legal counsel and finance team to complete investment documents and due diligence process. Please visit www.thriveagrifood.com/startups/seed-accelerator/ to read about the program, our portfolio companies, and our selection criteria.
- Manage the implementation and execution of the Accelerator’s program and curriculum schedule, which will include: Seed Camp, Demo Day, pitch sessions, monthly Power Hour meetings, Lean Canvas training, one-on-one targeted strategy discussions, weekly webinar series with industry experts, and other related activities.
- Support and maintain strong relationships with mentors, advisors, Accelerator partners and other members of the THRIVE network.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to startup cohort in areas such as business model, client acquisition, go-to-market strategy, financing, fundraising, market research, and operations, etc.
- Work with the marketing director on promotional events, collateral and other marketing initiatives for THRIVE (creating relevant resources and materials for workshops and events).
- Manage the recruitment and selection of startups for pitch competitions and challenges.
- Work with Challenge partners to develop scope of the event, logistics, flow, and industry focuses.
- Source and organize panels of judges and develop score sheet and score criteria for selecting winner.
- Work with the Finalists on pitch preparation and strategy.
- Execute the Pitch Challenge as host and emcee of the event.
Skills and Experiences
- At least 2-4 years of professional work experience in entrepreneurship, venture capital, program/project management or consulting
- Passion for innovation, entrepreneurship, AgTech and food tech
- Ability to quickly grasp and understand various business models in the agri-food sector, and provide “value-add” advice to the accelerator cohort
- Entrepreneurial drive and experience – bonus points if you’ve been a founder or have operational experience at a startup
- Proactive self-starter who isn’t afraid to take initiative and bring the Accelerator to new heights
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate, build, and maintain strong working relationships with startup founders, corporate executives, farmers/growers and other individuals – networking should be in your blood
- Strong leadership and proven project management skills (goal-setting, organization, and implementation)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills – you must be comfortable being on stage and addressing crowds of thousands of people
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Bachelors degree in agriculture, sustainability, finance, business, economics, entrepreneurship, project management or related field required
- Advanced degree in business, sustainability or agriculture preferred