Since 2010, SVG Ventures | THRIVE has been the leading global AgriFood investment and innovation platform headquartered in Silicon Valley. We’re comprised of top agriculture, food and technology corporations, universities, and investors. With a community of over 6,000 startups from 100 countries, the THRIVE platform invests, accelerates, and creates unparalleled access for entrepreneurs to scale globally and solve the biggest challenges facing the food and agriculture industries. THRIVE’s Corporate Innovation Program is focused on connecting our corporate partners with emerging technologies and startups that will make the most significant impact in their organizations.
Our vision is to advance the future of food and agriculture through innovation.
About the role:
We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated Marketing Intern to join our team. If you’re an ambitious individual who is thinking of building a career in marketing, agriculture or technology then we want to work with you! Reporting to our Marketing & Events Manager, and your work will include creating content (both visual and written) for THRIVE’s marketing channels, engaging our social media audience, Database management and researching industry trends and strategy.
A successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, detail-oriented, proficient in social media, and have excellent time management and organizational abilities. This internship will help you acquire real work experience and ultimately prepare you to enter any fast-paced work environment.
This is a part-time role of 20 hours/week for a three month term, with the potential for extension.
- Creating and posting graphics and captions for social media posts that promote the company’s partners and events
- Engaging with content on social media and monitoring accounts for performance, trending news, ideas, and suggesting adjustments to current strategies accordingly
- Managing the contacts database
- Compiling monthly analytic reports
- Translating complex ideas and research into easily readable marketing content
- Contributing to the design of various marketing assets (i.e. presentation slides, e-mail campaigns, promotional banners, website, etc.)
- Researching and evaluating various areas in the agrifood and marketing industries (i.e. trends, tools, strategies, topics, writers, etc.) and propose adjustments to current strategies accordingly
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience with various marketing platforms including: Mailchimp, Airtable, Canva, WordPress, social media channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube), and google analytics
- Professionalism and ability to quickly learn and process information
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to translate complex research into common language
- Proficiency with PowerPoint and/or other common design software
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and time manage assigned projects
- Flexibility in work schedule
- Experience with content creation a plus, even if not professionally
- Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate course for Marketing, Communications, or similar field