The Corporate Innovation Manager will report to the Director of Corporate Innovation & will be responsible for supporting the management and execution of SVG Ventures Corporate Innovation Strategy.
The ideal candidate has a background working with Corporates on their innovation strategies, open innovation, partnership development. They are a strategic thinker, an experienced and efficient leader, have excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics.
This is a unique opportunity to be a core member of an award-winning team and organization that is creating a lasting impact on agriculture, food production and the systems of our future.
- Develop SVG Ventures/THRIVE Corporate Innovation Strategy
- Manage corporate client relationships
- Identify and understand corporate innovation needs & priorities
- Run design thinking and brainstorming sessions
- Manage & deliver custom innovation projects for corporate clients
- Connect corporate clients with emerging technologies and startups that will have the most significant impact in their organizations
- Support startups in SVG Ventures portfolio by leveraging opportunities to engage with corporate clients and partners
- Complete market and technology trend analysis to understand key trends in agrifood tech
- Develop the corporate program and new solutions
- Identify new business opportunities and new client acquisition
- Set up and lead cross value chain workshops for corporate clients
- Support/participate in the execution of THRIVE annual events
- Complete annual reports for all corporate innovation clients
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Technology, Agriculture or Business; (Masters Degree preferred)
- 5 years of business development, project management or research & development experience
- 1-2 years of technical experience in agriculture, food, science or technology
- Familiarity with the venture capital industry and experience working with or for startups
- Excellent communication skills, both in written, verbal and presentation
- Self-starter with strong initiative and work ethic
- Thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment