APPLY TO JOIN OUR AMAZING TEAM!
To support our international growth & expansion plans THRIVE is building out our team of ag & food professionals.
We are looking for an exceptional Accelerator Manager to join our dynamic team.
If you are passionate about startups & passionate about the importance of advancing the future of food & agriculture through innovation then this is the perfect role for you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
General Accelerator Management:
- Manage recruitment and selection of startups for the annual Accelerator cohort. This includes working with lead generating organizations, keeping track of applications, managing deal flow, organizing and running Pitch Day, finalizing selection of the final cohort, negotiating deal terms with startups, and working with legal counsel and finance team to complete investment documents and due diligence process. Please visit our website to read about the program, our portfolio companies, and our selection criteria.
- Manage the implementation and execution of the Accelerator’s program and curriculum schedule, which will include: Seed Camp, Demo Day, pitch sessions, monthly Power Hour meetings, Lean Canvas training, one-on-one targeted strategy discussions, weekly webinar series with industry experts, and other related activities.
- Identify, source and maintain a bank of industry experts to serve as mentors and advisors to the cohort companies
- Support and maintain strong relationships with mentors, advisors, Accelerator partners and other members of the THRIVE network.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to startup cohort in areas such as business model, client acquisition, go-to-market strategy, financing, fundraising, market research, and operations, etc.
- Work with the events manager on promotional events, collateral and other marketing initiatives for THRIVE (creating relevant resources and materials for workshops and events).
- Manage the recruitment and selection of startups for pitch competitions and challenges.
- Work with Challenge partners to develop scope of the event, logistics, flow, and industry focuses.
- Source and organize panels of judges and develop score sheet and score criteria for selecting winner.
- Work with the Finalists on pitch preparation and strategy.
- Execute the Pitch Challenge as host and emcee of the event.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Min 5 years of professional work experience in entrepreneurship, venture capital, program/project management or consulting
- Passion for innovation, entrepreneurship, AgTech and food tech
- Ability to quickly grasp and understand various business models in the agri-food sector, and provide “value-add” advice to the accelerator cohort
- Entrepreneurial drive and experience – bonus points if you’ve been a founder or have operational experience at a startup
- Proactive self-starter who isn’t afraid to take initiative and bring the Accelerator to new heights
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate, build, and maintain strong working relationships with startup founders, corporate executives, farmers/growers and other individuals – networking should be in your blood
- Strong leadership and proven project management skills (goal-setting, organization, and implementation)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills – you must be comfortable being on stage and addressing crowds of thousands of people
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Bachelors degree in agriculture, sustainability, finance, business, economics, entrepreneurship, project management or related field required
- Advanced degree in business, sustainability or agriculture preferred
- Previous experience running an accelerator preferred
|Job Category||Careers at THRIVE|