THRIVE CANADA ACCELERATOR
Accelerating Canada’s most innovative
food and agriculture technologies
technologies drive us towards a more efficient, sustainable, and secure agriculture future. Supporting companies across
the agrifood value chain, the THRIVE Canada Accelerator places a strong emphasis on companies creating a sustainable
future through innovation.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
The THRIVE Canada Accelerator program is specifically designed to support Seed to Series A stage companies. At this stage, companies are past ideation and are at least in the pre-minimum viable product, prototype in beta or product in market (paying customers) growth stages. This program benefits companies looking to attract both national and international customers.
THRIVE has other programs to support earlier stage companies such as the THRIVE Academy and Venture Studio.
ACCESS TO CORPORATES
We will connect you with Corporate Partners from our high profile network, for technology validation, adoption and potential investment opportunities.
ACCESS TO FARMERS
Through our extensive partner network inclusive of farmers, growers, and agriculture partners, we provide startups with opportunities to conduct active field trials.
THRIVE will connect you to corporate partners and investors from our network who may pursue investment. Following completion of the program, THRIVE will offer investment to select companies.
Participation in our award-winning program will validate your startup to potential investors and give you access to THRIVE’s ecosystem, network, customers, and investment in addition to significant perks from network partners IBM, Stripe, Hubspot, Zendesk, AWS, Zenefits and Carta.
You will have access to expert mentors and advisors as well as access to our extensive global entrepreneur network.
Check out our mentor bank here.
You will receive a multitude of brand exposure opportunities through THRIVE’s extensive global network, press and media.
You will have opportunities to meet, collaborate and network with fellow Agri-Food Tech founders from across the world through our, virtual workshops, and in person at our Seed Camp and Demo Days!
You will have access to a comprehensive portal of online resources and e-learning materials to support you throughout the program
Frequently Asked Questions
- The THRIVE Accelerator is a mix of virtual and in-person programming. There is 4+ months of virtual programming in each cohort, in addition to 2+ in-person weeks of connecting with your cohort and networking with our global community. The in-person programming will take place during Seed week in March and Demo Day in July.
- The majority of virtual webinars will be held via Zoom. Upon acceptance into the program, we request full participation in our webinars, events and workshops.
- Seed Camp week is currently scheduled for the week of March 18th, 2024 in Silicon Valley, California and Demo Day in July 2024. Subsidized travel for program participants traveling from out-of-town are available.
- The THRIVE Accelerator is dedicated to supporting Seed to Series A stage Agri Food Tech startups.
- At this stage, companies are past ideation and are at least in the pre-minimum viable product, prototype in beta or product in market (paying customers) growth stages.
No, your startup can be in the pre-minimum viable product or prototype in beta stages. We seek to invest in innovative Agrifood tech startups that align with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals that can potentially solve some of our biggest challenges facing the food and agriculture industries.
- Upon review of all Accelerator applications, the top applicants will be invited to Pitch Day, a virtual pitch event judged by the SVG Ventures investment committee, corporate partners, mentors and other ecosystem partners. This is currently scheduled for December 2023.
- A formal interview will take place the following Pitch Day. Offer of Acceptance for successful applicants will be contacted in February 2024.
- Thereafter, the onboarding and due diligence process begins with the THRIVE Accelerator team.
There is no cost to participate in the THRIVE Canada Accelerator program, thanks to the generous support of the Alberta Scaleup and Growth Accelerator Program, managed by Alberta Innovates. This initiative is further supported by a consortium including the Alberta Ministry of Technology & Innovation, Prairies Economic Development Canada (PrairiesCan), Alberta Innovates, and Olds College. The THRIVE Canada Accelerator is further supported by funding from Opportunity Calgary Investment Fund (OCIF) and Farm Credit Canada (FFC).
Not upon acceptance into the Accelerator program. Upon completion of Demo Day, there may be the opportunity for follow-on investment by SVG Ventures. This is determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Yes, SVG Ventures just launched the Million fund that aims to invest in Agri-food companies. Companies that are accepted into the program are considered for investment, and founders will have an opportunity to present to our investment team during the program.
- During virtual programming, there is a 2 to 3-hour weekly commitment split among a few key ways:
- Weekly workshop or panel
- Founder stories
- Connections to mentors throughout the program
- Monthly coaching calls with the THRIVE Team
Ready to scale up your company?
The SVG Ventures | THRIVE Canada Accelerator’s successful execution is made possible through the generous support of the Alberta Scaleup and Growth Accelerator Program, managed by Alberta Innovates. This initiative is further supported by a consortium including the Alberta Ministry of Technology & Innovation, Prairies Economic Development Canada (PrairiesCan), Alberta Innovates, and Olds College. The THRIVE Canada Accelerator is further supported by funding from Opportunity Calgary Investment Fund (OCIF) and Farm Credit Canada (FCC).
Thank you to all of our program partners who support our founders and program with their industry experience, mentorship, connections, and continued opportunities to help them grow and scale their business.